Munnar is a delightful little hill station that is safely nestled away in Kerala and has received a lot of attention from tourists all over the world in the past decade. At an altitude of 6000 feet, the hill station has a pleasant climate throughout the year. The government of Kerala has been actively promoting tourism activities in the state, and as a result, a lot of services have been made available to travellers visiting this popular destination in Kerala. Munnar is a must visit whenever you find yourself in Kerala, and if you truly want to make the most of your trip here, you simply cannot afford to miss out on some of the highlights of this rustic and serene hill station.
Here are the six most popular places you need to make sure, are included in your Munnar Kerala tour packages:
1. Mattupetty Dam: The dam is located roughly 13 km from Munnar, and collects water for the hydroelectric project in the area. Visit it for the breathtaking visuals and an idyllic atmosphere where you can spend the day and simply relax. Surround yourself with nature and look over the large water reservoir as you feel yourself visibly relax in these beautiful surroundings.
2. Kundala Lake: Love boating and want to spend some time simply relaxing? The Kundala Lake will offer you the perfect escape. This artificial lake is located around 20 km from the city and you can also get to experience, the experiences of getting a ride on the Shikara boats which are generally a specialty of Kashmir.
Alleppey Backwaters: View Price Details
3. Top Station: Prepare to be blown away by the sheer natural beauty of Top Station. Visit for a mind blowing panoramic view of the Western Ghats, and for the lucky few, the experience of seeing clouds fly below your level. The location gets its name from being the top most railway stations in the Kundala Railways system.
4. Rajamalai: Located inside the Eravikulam National Park, here you will get to see the Nilgiri Tahr. They are an endangered species and the area was made a sanctuary to ensure their survival.
Thekkady: View Price Details
5. Tea Museum: Munnar has several tea plantations, and you will regret if you do not visit the famous Tea Museum when you are here. See for yourself how the tea that you drink is made, and survey the tea plantations in the region which are over a century old.
6. Marayoor Forests: The sandalwood trees in this region will simply overwhelm you with their fragrance and leave you blissful and overjoyed. It is located some 42 kms from Munnar and was sited for some excavations that unearthed paintings and dolmens from the Stone Age.
Munnar is a fantastic choice whether you want a vacation that spans several weeks, or are just in pursuit of a quick weekend getaway. The place will delight you and leave you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Make the most of your time here by seeking out these six beautiful destinations.
Looking for Kerala holiday packages that include Munnar & other exotic destinations in Kerala? Call us on +919947426006 & ask for the best rates!
Submit your enquiry!